You might want to add avocado to your diet. This super fruit is not only delicious, but it is also bursting with nutritional and health benefits that may surprise you. Here are some surprising health benefits of avocado:
- Improves your heart health
- Avocado contains beta-sitosterol, a plant chemical which helps the body maintain a healthy cholesterol level. Packed with monounsaturated fats, avocados, if eaten in moderation, can reduce the bad (LDL) cholesterol.
- Lowers blood pressure
- While you are on a DASH diet, avocado is a high recommendation because it is free of sodium which is the prescribed diet to help lower blood pressure. Additionally, it is also rich in potassium, a nutrient that helps decrease blood pressure. According to studies, eating avocados in place of other fats will help control blood pressure.
- Keeps the eye healthy
- Found in this fruit are carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin which keep the eyes healthy as you age. It also reduces the risk of macular degeneration.
- Good skincare treatment
- This rich and creamy food contains healthy fats and phytonutrients that are healthy for the skin. One vitamin avocado is rich in is vitamin E, and we all know it’s beneficial for the skin. Vitamin E treats scars and acne. It is also an alternative anti-aging product as it speeds up cell regeneration.
In-home nursing care in Maryland will help you achieve a better health outcome. You can also engage in mental health care in Montgomery County, Maryland if you have a cognitive health issue.
Priority Healthcare Systems is a home health agency in Maryland that strives to promote your overall health by providing relevant pieces of information.