A lot of seniors are afraid of engaging in physical activity because they are afraid it puts them at risk of accidents or straining a muscle. However, studies have proven that physical activity can improve one’s health and is essential to healthy aging.
This is why as a home health agency in Maryland, we try to have our senior patients as physically active as possible. Here are some health benefits to staying physically active according to the CDC:
- Weight management
- Physical activity can help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce health risks
- It has been known to reduce the risk of illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, some cancers, and others.
- Strengthen bones and muscles
- It can help keep bones, joints, and muscles healthy
- Prevents falls
- With the improvement of physical function, you can lower the risk of falling from climbing stairs or playing with grandchildren.
Make sure your in home nursing care in Maryland takes care of your health and personal care needs. We at Priority Health Care Systems make sure you get the best quality of care you deserve.
We cover a wide range of services to provide for your needs. Our various services include in-home personal care, professional home health care, and mental health care in Montgomery county, Maryland.
We also offer in home nursing care serving all counties in Maryland