Maintaining a clean hand through enhanced hand hygiene is one of the most effective steps to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Various diseases and conditions can spread if you’re not washing your hands properly with soap and clean, running water.
Washing your hands with soap and water is the best way to minimize the number of germs that may enter the body in most situations. In home nursing care in Maryland knows very well how to properly wash the hands. So, without further ado, here’s the step-by-step guide to proper hand washing:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water, turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather it by rubbing the hands together with a soap. Make sure you lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Sing or hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- After that
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
As your home health agency in Maryland, we advised that you use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol if water and soap are not available. They can quickly reduce the number of gems on your hands, but contrary to your belief, hand sanitizers do not eliminate all types of germs and might not remove harmful chemicals.
To achieve overall health and wellness, Priority Health Care Systems wants you to understand first proper hand washing because this is your first line of defense from germs and spreading diseases.
Keep your mental health sharp, practice healthy habits that include proper hand washing, healthy eating, exercise and getting enough rest. All of these will keep your mental health care in Montgomery County, Maryland sharp.