Jogging offers many health benefits such as fitness in your mind, body, and spirit. It is already scientifically proven that this is beneficial to everyone. Here are four reasons why you should make jogging a hobby:
- Reduces your risk of getting affected by osteoporosis
- Jogging strengthens your muscles as well as your bones. It provides needed light stress which reduces the bones tendency to surrender calcium. Having stronger bones and muscles reduces your risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Reduces stress
- Jogging releases brain chemicals which are proven to have a calming effect on your emotions, hence, giving you a peaceful state of mind. If you are fighting against stress, consider jogging. But if you can no longer manage stress, there’s mental health care in Montgomery County, Maryland that can help you.
- Improves lung and heart function
- When you jog, the oxygen goes deeper into the lungs because you tend to breathe deeper. Jogging makes the heart pump harder than the usual. In short, regular jogging increases the ability of your heart and lungs.
- Improves longevity
- Studies have found that jogging enhances longevity. Physical activity will decrease your chances of dying by about 30 percent. Jogging has impacted cardiovascular mortality and lowers overall “all-cause” mortality too. Jogging for a few minutes a day will be helpful to you, your pet, and companion
Make jogging a hobby. It’s even more fun with a companion. As a home health agency in Maryland, we at Priority Healthcare Systems will thrive to provide in-home nursing care in Maryland because your health is our priority.